Assistance for Therapy and Equipment

Assistance for Therapy and Equipment

Paying for therapy and medical equipment can be costly. For this reason, I’ve compiled a list of organizations that provide assistance to help fund therapy, equipment and private education for children with special needs. Some of these organizations offer equipment loans like communication devices and adaptive equipment. 

Many children have equipment needs that are not covered by insurance providers. State insurances (Medicaid) has specific qualifications that children must meet in order to receive equipment. Private insurances often do not cover equipment like Augmentative Alternative Communication devices.  

If your child is in a public school and you wish to transfer him or her to a private school, you may qualify for the McKay Scholarship in Florida. Some private schools offer better programs for children who need special accommodations. 

Please click on the link for each organization for more information. Each organization has their own requirements so it’s best to reach out to them directly with questions about the programs/assistance they offer.

Organizations that Provide Assistance:

  1. Step Up for Students:
  2. Small Steps in Speech:
  3. Ricky King Fund:
  4. McKay Scholarship:
  5. United Healthcare Children’s Foundation:
  6. McLindon Family Foundation:
  7. Variety – The Children’s Charity:
  8. Modest Needs:
  9. Florida Alliance for Assistive Services & Technology:
  10. FAAST Classifieds:
  11. Riddick’s Ride:

If you know of other organizations similar to the ones listed here, please let me know in the comments below so that I can share it with others.

Looking for more information about speech therapy? Check out our services page hereHave questions? Ask me in the comments below.

Photo credit: Nick Kenrick.. on /CC BY