How does speech teletherapy work? That’s the most frequently asked question I get asked so I’ve written this post to answer it and show you.
5 EASY STEPS
1. Sign in to the meeting by using the ID provided by your therapist. The ID will never change.
2. Ensure webcam, speakers & microphone are working by looking at the icons on the screen.
3. Follow your therapist’s instructions as she shows activities and interactive games.
4. Sign out when your session is done and check your homework account the next day.
5. Log in to your homework account & complete interactive, online assignments.
Watch a quick demo here!
What happens prior to my online therapy session?
Before your first therapy session, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to set up the online account and download the necessary, software.
We will schedule a time to do a trial session in order to become familiar with the process, troubleshoot as needed and make sure everything is set up correctly for our therapy sessions.
What activities can be done during a teletherapy session?
- reading comprehension
- speech sounds
- following directions
- understanding concepts
- formulating sentences
- social language
- social problem solving
- reading and writing test preparation
And many, many more… Just ask!
Do you think speech teletherapy could be a good fit for your child?
Online speech and language therapy is easy to set-up, engaging, fun and effective. Your child can participate in therapy while at home with you, at his or her grandparent’s home and while on summer vacation.